By AJ Danboise
Hosting a Thanksgiving Day party at your home this year? If you are, you’ll probably be inviting family and friends to join you in celebrating the holiday. There is often one additional person that gets invited to Thanksgiving parties you may not expect to see… a AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical plumber! In fact, Turkey Day is one of the busiest days of the year for AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical plumbers because of the increased work that your plumbing system experiences from a house full of partygoers.
Keep your plumbing system running smoothly and avoid a plumbing catastrophe with these helpful tips:
- Your garbage disposal is not invincible! Many of the delectable foods we enjoy on Thanksgiving can clog your disposal. Throw scraps of potatoes, turkey skin, carrots, and anything fibrous in the trash.
- It doesn’t hurt to take a moment and make sure your garbage disposal is in good working condition before the holiday arrives. Contact AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical today at (248) 600-5048, if you would like one of our helpful plumbers to assist you with a pre-holiday checkup.
- Did you know many garbage disposals are equipped with a reset button? If your disposal abruptly shuts down, it could just have overheated. Allow the disposal to cool down for a moment and then press the reset button (if available) on the disposal and try running again.
- Never pour grease down any drain. Pour grease into a container until it solidifies and then dump it in the trash.
- To minimize the chances of a toilet clog, put single ply toilet paper in any bathroom that will be used by guests.
Emergency Plumbing in Farmington Hills
In the event you run into an issue with your plumbing system during Thanksgiving, one of our friendly Customer Service Representatives will be available 24 hours a day to assist you. One call to (248) 453-2337 and an AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical Technician will be on the way to get your holiday party back on track!