By AJ Danboise
Going green may be seen as a trend, but this way of life helps your home and environment. Focusing on environmentally friendly tactics is a great way to give back to nature and provides a better planet for everyone. Michigan homeowners have several ways to go green, and one of them involves their plumbing. We at AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical know first-hand the importance of making your plumbing system more eco-friendly. Not only is it safer for the environment, but it also helps to save money on your utility bill. Our experts decided to share some green plumbing tips for local homeowners.
Insulate Your Water Pipes
- Your water pipes control and transfer the water in your home and can lose heat and energy from improper insulation.
- Insulating your pipes decreases heat loss and controls the condensation, which leads to energy efficiency and environmentally friendly plumbing.
- You can purchase foam-rubber pipe insulation from your local home improvement store. Cover all of the open pipes throughout your home.
- If you notice any cracked or broken pipes, do not place insulation over it, and contact AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical for plumbing repair and maintenance.
Buy a Water Filter
- When deciding to go green, one of the best ways to save water is to filter your faucets.
- Buying and installing a water filter on your faucet means you get clean drinking water without buying bottled water (which is wasteful and bad for the environment).
- Less water bottles means less money out of your wallet, and less plastic damaging the oceans.
Install a Tankless Water Heater
- A tankless water heater is a modern, innovative type of water heater that is cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
- Tankless water heaters work without the use of a storage tank, meaning they only heat up water that is required.
- Tankless water heaters save money by not wasting energy on heating water that may not be used.
- Although it is more expensive at first to purchase a tankless water heater, the money eventually saved will more than make up for the initial price.
- Contact AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical for water heater installation services to put a Tankless Water Heater in your home.
Turn off Water When Not in Use
- Besides installing and maintaining your plumbing, simple practices go a long way.
- Turn off water immediately when not in use, and only use small amounts when possible.
- Take shorter showers and limit your toilet flushes.
- Wash your dishes and vegetables in pans filled with water instead of running them through the faucet.
- Try to wash your clothes in as little loads as possible.
Get Plumbing Maintenance and Services
- Getting your plumbing properly maintained is essential for a cost effective and environmentally friendly home.
- Maintaining your plumbing saves money by preventing malfunctions and damage, and strengthens the capabilities of your system.
- Companies such as AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical provide affordable plumbing services to Michigan homeowners.