By AJ Danboise
Filtering your water is a no-brainer, and most homes come equipped with water filtration systems. Water filtration systems remove bacteria, parasites, and dangerous chemicals, leaving you safe water for drinking, bathing, and other uses. There are different types of water filtration systems in your home, and it is important to identify each one in the event of replacement or maintenance. There are several types of water filtration systems on the market, so having proper knowledge of the options will help you decide upon the best one for your needs.
The experts at AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical have gathered some essential information on the types of water filtration systems for your home.
Personal Bottle/Pitcher Filters
- Bottle and pitcher filters are often used when filtering small amounts of water.
- They are ideal for ensuring portable water is ready – without using much energy and running water.
- These water filters work much slower, taking as long as an hour for a pitcher to completely filter water.
- Filtered water bottles tend to be expensive, and pitchers take up large shelf space.
Faucet Mount Filters
- A faucet-mounted water filter, as the name suggests, is a filter attached to the end of your faucet that cleans water as it runs through.
- This filter allows you quick and available drinking water straight from your faucet.
- One faucet filter lasts around three months and provides about 100 gallons of filtered water in its lifespan.
- Reasonably priced and easy to install, these filters are commonly used by homeowners.
- If your fridge comes with an ice maker and water dispenser, there is a filter attached to it.
- These filters clean the water entering your door dispenser, and should be replaced every six months.
- Fridges without ice makers or water dispensers do not have water filters.
Whole House Filters
- As the largest type of filter for your home, this helps filter your entire plumbing system.
- All water going to your home is first passed through the whole house filter, eliminating contaminants.
- A whole house filter provides clean water to your toilet, shower, faucets, and other water fixtures in your home.
- As expected, this is the most expensive type of filter, but can be worth it in the long run.
- AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical provides whole-house filter installation and maintenance services for the benefit of Michigan homeowners.
- Much like the refrigerator filter, this filter is specifically made for filtering water from a showerhead.
- These filters work to remove fungus, chlorine, and bacteria from your showerhead, and offer you clean water for bathing.
- Shower filters do not have a set expiration date, but should be replaced as soon as you notice a decrease in quality and flow rate.
Under-Sink Water Filter
- These filters work to remove contaminants from water before running through the faucet.
- Unlike a faucet-mounted filter, these are attached directly to your water pipes, filtering all water that enters through the pipe.
- Under-sink water filters may cost more than other filters, but their guaranteed and safe use means filtered water is dispensed more efficiently.
- AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical will help you install under-sink water filters in your home at an affordable cost.
Knowing the types of water filters in your home is key to following the best course of action. If you are in need of water filter services, contact AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical today! For over nine decades we have provided expert water filter and plumbing services with true dedication to Michigan homeowners. Give us a call at (248) 600-5048 to schedule an appointment and begin enjoying clean water in your home.