By AJ Danboise
Using a humidifier in the summer seems a bit ridiculous. After all, why would you want to be humid during the hottest season? Summer doesn’t always mean it’s time for fun activities and hitting the pool. Summer is the prime season for allergies. With all the bugs and pollen spreading throughout the air, it’s not uncommon to notice more runny noses than usual. On top of that, the constant use of an air conditioner can make the air dry. Dry air can cause irritation if allergy symptoms are already present and can even lead to infection in some cases.
What role would a whole-house humidifier play in fixing any of this? The uses of a humidifier go beyond just making areas in your home humid. In fact, there are some significant reasons to use a whole-house humidifier in the summer, and the experts at AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical have documented them for the benefit of our Southeastern Michigan neighbors.
The Benefits of Using a Humidifier in the Summer
It Can Remedy Allergies
- Hydrating during allergy season is helpful in fighting the symptoms.
- Having cool mist absorbed by your body will help energize it and clear up congestion in the nose and throat.
- Humidifiers can help fight off infection with their ability to kill germs and other contaminants.
- Combatting dry air can build your body’s defense toward sicknesses and allergies.
It’s Healthy for Your Skin
- Whether or not you’re sick, your body needs moisture.
- Using a humidifier to moisturize is great for your skin and can help clean your pores as well.
- Hydrating your skin will give it a healthier look and keep your body temperature at a stable level.
- The hot sun can dry out your skin, so it’s good to rehydrate constantly.
- Keeping your skin hydrated will help prevent wrinkles as well.
It Can Cool You Down
- Fighting the heat can be difficult during the summer, but a humidifier can help cool you down without using a lot of energy.
- Using a humidifier in tandem with the air conditioning can keep rooms cooler, allowing you to raise the temperature of the A/C – and use less energy.
- Using a humidifier can make you feel cooler for longer periods of time, due to the hydrating nature of the affected air.
A humidifier can make your summer even better. If you notice any damage or leaks in your humidifier, contact AJ Danboise Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical today. We specialize in whole house humidifier installation and repair, and are always looking out for our Southeastern Michigan neighbors. Give us a call at (248) 453-2337 to schedule an appointment and get started. Remember to stay hydrated and have fun this summer!